Thursday, June 8, 2017

The Secrets of Southern Girls will leave you with a book hangover!

Wow. This 5-star book with its multiple points of view gives the reader the entire story from Reba and Jules' friendship, to Reba's romances, to Julie's relationship with her ex-husband. And it compelling from the first page to the last.

Product DetailsJulie thinks she killed Reba and it has shaped every aspect of her adulthood. August was one of the boys who loved Reba when she died and he's never gotten over her. Toby is the bad-boy who should have been off-limits to the sweet and pure Reba, but Reba had secrets, an entire life she hid from her best friend and the boy who loved her. And it all led to her death. Now, ten years later, Julie teams up with August (against her better judgement) to head back to the very racist Mississippi town where she and Reba grew up to find a diary she never knew existed, a diary that tells it all and could destroy everything she or August ever knew (or thought they did) about Reba.

I couldn't stop reading. This book made my stomach clench, my eyes leak and my heart break. I, like Jules and August, wished Reba hadn't died. I wanted the happily ever after for her and I even wanted Toby (actually especially Toby) to find peace. It was an emotional journey from first page to last that really made me feel what Julie felt and what August felt, even what Toby felt. Amazing story and I loved every minute!